PINEWOOD PLAYERS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
PURPOSE OF THE PROGRAM
The Pinewood Players Scholarship Program (PPSP) was established in 2015 to promote and encourage higher education in fields related to Performing Arts, including students who desire to teach Performing Arts. Scholarship awards are intended to aid students who have a close connection to Munds Park, maintain high scholastic grade averages, and demonstrate leadership qualities.
SCOPE OF THE PROGRAM
The Pinewood Players will award up to two scholarships of $2000 each to the most qualified students. Preference will be given to students graduating from high school. However, students already in college will be considered. A qualifying student may attend any accredited two or four year college or university without regard to location, but full time enrollment is required.
OVERVIEW OF THE PROGRAM
A Pinewood Players scholarship is not a general scholarship and does not apply to all students. The intent is to promote education in fields related to Performing Arts. This includes, but is not limited to Theater, Music, Dance, Technical Fields such as lighting, sound, scene design, and as an Educator in any of these fields.
The Pinewood Players recognize that it is sometimes difficult to pursue a successful career in these fields. For this reason, students who attended at least two years of PWP Drama Camps are now eligible to apply for the PWP Scholarship to focus on disciplines other than the arts.
The expectation is that a successful candidate will complete appropriate course work regardless of the higher education discipline they choose to pursue.
Some of the criteria that will be considered in the choice of candidates are:
- Experience in high school drama or community theater productions, either on-stage or back-stage or attendance of two years or more of PWP Drama Camp
- Experience in other Performing Arts activities and/or producing, or attendance of two years or more of PWP Drama Camp
- Academic performance, including the maintenance of a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Extracurricular activities
- Work experience
- A one page double-spaced essay on how the student expects to use her or his education, including those classes expected to be taken in fields related to Performing Arts
- A letter of recommendation from a faculty member or guidance counselor
- The applicant’s official high school transcript (also college, if the applicant is already a college student)
- Please attach an 8 x 10 photograph of yourself
- Applicants must have a parent or grandparent as a current member of Pinewood Players
Note: Applicants should understand that by submitting this application their name and photograph maybe used by the Pinewood Players for promotional purposes in the future.
For more information, contact Terri Peach at email@example.com
PPSP applications must be post-marked by May 31st and mailed to:
Pinewood Players Scholarship Program, Terri Peach, P.O. Box 18855, Munds Park, AZ 86017
Scholarship awards will be announced June 10th and will be recognized at the Pinewood General Membership meeting held at the Pinewood Country Club in late June.